Added to Cart View Cart or Continue Shopping.
- Star anise is the seed pod from the fruit of the Illicium verum plant, an evergreen shrub native to Southwest China.
- Shaped like a star (hence its name), has an average of eight points, each containing a single pea-sized seed.
- Both the seeds and the pod are used in cooking and contain the sweet, potent anise flavour.
Star anise has a very strong, distinct flavour, that is warm, sweet, and spicy, similar to licorice, fennel seed and clove.
- generally thought of as sweet, it is commonly used in savory dishes; it pairs well with citrus, onions, poultry, beef, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
- Abundantly delicious
- Product Type: Gourmet Pantry